Make A Real Difference at PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
PropertyGuru is Southeast Asia’s leading PropTech company, and the preferred destination for over 41 million property seekers to connect with more than 63,000 agents monthly to find their dream home. PropertyGuru empowers property seekers with more than 3.2 million real estate listings, in-depth insights, and solutions that enable them to make confident property decisions across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
PropertyGuru.com.sg was launched in Singapore in 2007 and since then PropertyGuru Group has made the property journey a transparent one for property seekers in Southeast Asia. In the last 15 years, PropertyGuru has grown into a high-growth PropTech company with a robust portfolio of leading property marketplaces across its core markets; award-winning mobile apps; mortgage marketplace, PropertyGuru Finance; and a host of enterprise solutions now under PropertyGuru For Business, including a high-quality developer sales enablement platform, FastKey, DataSense, ValueNet, Awards, events and publications across Asia.
PropertyGuru is committed to its vision of powering communities to live, work, and thrive in tomorrow’s cities. We will do this in Southeast Asia by giving home-seekers (consumer) access to next generation of real estate marketplaces, that are intelligent, relevant and where every interaction is underlined by trust, and through digital transformation of the real estate industry by offering our customers data-driven insights and platforms to act upon them to drive tangible business value.
As the Director of Data Analytics and Activation, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our data strategy. You will play the role of AI whisperer, a data visionary and evangelist who will guide and educate stakeholders across the organisation on a transformative journey of harnessing the power of data. Your expertise will not only drive the enhancement of consumer and customer engagement, satisfaction, and business growth but also position us as industry leaders in AI-driven personalization.
Through your strategic guidance, you will empower teams at all levels to embrace data as a driving force for innovation, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence. Your ability to demystify complex data concepts and seamlessly communicate their value will be instrumental in igniting enthusiasm and buy-in for our data-driven vision. Together, we will embark on an exciting journey to revolutionize the way we connect with our audience and elevate our customers’ ability to unleash insights in their businesses.
Reporting to the VP, Products and working closely with the CTO, you will be responsible for defining the data vision, strategy, and execution of innovative and game-changing products and services that build trust in the ecosystem through transparency and efficiency.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated leader.
You are someone who operates well in a matrix structure, challenging the status quo to drive speed to learning and results in an environment with competing priorities. You have the maturity and leadership to motivate a team of strong, passionate, and often opinionated individuals.
- As the Director of Data and Personalisation, you will:
- Imagine, define and “Create What's Next" for PropertyGuru.
- Lead the strategic pivot from traffic-based metrics to identifying and leveraging actionable user cohorts that drive engagement, conversion, and overall platform value.
- Develop and implement strategies to deliver highly tailored and relevant user experiences, enhancing customer engagement and satisfaction. Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to integrate personalisation algorithms and features within our products.
- Spearhead the data analytics division, overseeing its evolution from diagnostic to prescriptive analytics and champion the translation of insights into actionable strategies, delivering measurable value for PropertyGuru’s consumers, customers, and investors.
- Refine our monetization strategies by shifting the emphasis from volume to value, ensuring that our paying customers experience unparalleled benefits and returns on their investments.
- Oversee the activation of data and audiences both on our platform and across external channels like Google and Facebook, driving targeted marketing and audience expansion efforts.
- Spearhead the integration of first-party data activation strategies for marketing campaigns, leveraging user behaviour and preferences to create hyper-targeted and impactful campaigns.
- Lead the development of insights for our enterprise customers by curating and analysing a blend of third-party data sets with our extensive first-party data. These insights will provide our enterprise customers with a deeper understanding of market trends and user behaviour, enhancing their strategic decision-making processes.
- Build and lead a high-quality team of life-cycle marketers, data activation specialists, data product managers, and analysts.
- Proactively identify industry, customer, and technology trends as well as innovation opportunities.
- 12+ years of professional working experience, 5 of which in product/analytics/AI-ML innovation management in digital businesses.
- Demonstrated experience in the consumer internet space, preferably within online marketplaces or similar sectors, understanding user behaviour and engagement patterns.
- Experience with CDPs, customer engagement platforms, and data analytics and visualisation platforms. Some examples of these would be Twilio Segment, Tealium, Blueshift, Braze, MoEngage, Tableau, Looker.
- Working knowledge of data management and governance, data visualisation platforms, big data platforms, cloud-based data platforms and data architecture.
- A strong eye for new technology trends and an ability to connect the dots between technological innovations and business problems, creating value through strategic implementation.
- Proficiency in conveying insights through compelling data storytelling, enabling effective communication of complex data concepts to various stakeholders.
- Experience with change management and building an integrated culture of excellence.
Track record of managing multiple managers and distributed, cross-functional teams.
Good to have:
- Experience with B2B data or SaaS products.
- Successful track record of building and scaling data products and services that are now deep into their adoption cycle.
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative an learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.