Make A Real Difference at PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
PropertyGuru is Southeast Asia’s leading PropTech company, and the preferred destination for over 41 million property seekers to connect with more than 63,000 agents monthly to find their dream home. PropertyGuru empowers property seekers with more than 3.2 million real estate listings in depth insights, and solutions that enable them to make confident property decisions across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
PropertyGuru.com.sg was launched in Singapore in 2007 and since then PropertyGuru Group has made he property journey a transparent one for property seekers in Southeast Asia. In the last 15 years, PropertyGuru has grown into a high-growth PropTech company with a robust portfolio of leading property marketplaces across its core markets; award-winning mobile apps; mortgage marketplace, PropertyGuru Finance; and a host of enterprise solutions now under PropertyGuru For Business, including a high-quality developer sales enablement platform, FastKey, DataSense, ValueNet, Awards, events and publications across Asia.
You have a passion for your craft and a strong desire to grow as a professional. You are excited by the challenges of enormous complexity and have the leadership ability to motivate a team of software engineers to take those challenges head-on.
You have a strong feeling of good software design and architecture. You know through experience that the software lifecycle doesn’t end with committing the code into the repository.
You strongly believe that effective communication and collaboration is key to building great software products.
What will you do
- Provide technical leadership to major projects, build and lead a high-performance engineering team of 12-20 engineers.
- Be responsible for engineering roadmap and execution from concept to delivery.
- Together with your team, architect, and design technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Convey the vision of design to various stakeholders. Work closely with other Engineering Leaders, Product Management and Lifecycle Marketing, and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- Inspire and encourage the team while ensuring that team dynamics continue to be healthy, and that team cohesion is high.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself.
- Evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback.
- 7-10 years of software development experience, with at least 4 years in managerial/leadership capacity.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA from premier institutes preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English, spoken and written
- Communicates effectively in all situations and creates an environment of open and effective communication.
- Strong decision-making skills, metric-driven operations, and the ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on technical experience with architecting and building large scale, highly available production level consumer applications.
- Proven experience of working with the legacy codebase.
- Significant knowledge and experience with various development practices, programming languages, technologies.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of the organization with key stakeholders.
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative an learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.