Make A Real Difference at PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance, and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
PropertyGuru, Southeast Asia’s leading online property group, has embarked on a journey to fundamentally reshape how people in Southeast Asia finance their homes, launching PropertyGuru Finance in SG last year. The vision is to make home financing transparent and friction-free. As part of that vision, we aspire to become Singapore’s leading mortgage marketplace in the coming 3 years. We will pursue that aspiration through a buy-build strategy in which we will combine existing operations with targeted acquisitions, best-in-class partners, and in-house-built cutting-edge technology. We’re effectively driving a Fintech start-up within PropertyGuru Group.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support, and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and
modeling how we work together:
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects impacting Source-to-Procure service delivery to ensure the success of business operations.
- Serve as primary contact for any regional or local project to support the implementation of PropertyGuru procurement programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Lead the planning and implementation of PropertyGuru GRC management framework.
- Owner of service performance scorecard according to SLAs and KPIs established.
- Lead the internal and external Source-to-Procure service performance monthly review and ensure consistency of service excellence.
- Lead the planning and implementation of PropertyGuru knowledge management processes and strategies, including systematic management of Source-to-Procure process knowledge, planning and rolling out documentation efforts associated with existing processes and/or new processes integrated into Procurement via transition projects.
- Manage, guide and lead Budget Owner and Purchase Requestors to monitor and analyze performance measurement systems, procedures, controls, and process policies.
- Pro-actively engage with PropertyGuru Budget Owner, Purchase Requestors and Finance community to ensure alignment, efficiency, and effectiveness of the Source-to-Procure processes across PropertyGuru business operation.
Planning and Execution -
Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing
execution, and measuring results:
- Gather and analyze market intelligence data on a regular basis relative to PropertyGuru spend categories and regions, to properly gauge and evaluate market and industry conditions utilized to determine the sourcing strategy decision
- Plans and facilitates contract management reviews to manage the Service Level Agreements and market benchmark, e.g., develop assessment reports of total purchases and vendor performance to enable proper evaluation and monitoring of cost, quality, and service.
- Developing and maintaining a supplier management methodology, supplier performance metrics and if necessary, conducting supplier visits to evaluate capability, capacity, and alignment
- Managing and controlling costs by working cross-functionally internally and with supply partners to proactively address potential cost increases through supply agreements, cost / efficiency improvement projects and other initiatives
- Identifying risks in Source-to-Procure processes and procedures; escalating business risks to proper level of management and initiate actions where appropriate to mitigate these risks to ensure sustainable supply.
- Championing process improvements, recommending new ways of working to improve Source-to-Procure processes. Builds and maintains a network of Budget Owners and Purchase Requestors to share best practice and key learnings on sourcing practice, negotiation standards, use of technology and compliance with local country legislations and policies.
- Develop a Business Acceptance Group for Source-to-Procure process change governance. Apply PropertyGuru business acumen to identify opportunities to promote process integration and continuous improvement through simplification, automation and standardization of processes that fall within the scope of Source-to-Procure and work with Business Units and Corporate team to continuously improve end-to-end service delivery
Business Requirements -
Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Follow a strategic approach to identify PropertyGuru business need while enabling supply market engagement driving greater impact for large, transformational commercial projects. Communicate market insight and able to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Assessing supplier product and pricing information including negotiations for price competitiveness, i.e., balancing between price, quality, and service within the bounds of agreed spend and risk thresholds.
- Coordinate legal and compliance reviews and approval processes for procurement or sourcing of contracts and agreements. Ensure audit trails are in place.
- Manage new vendor or vendor change requests in accordance with regulatory standards and internal policies
- Validate and process (fix & check) Purchase Order to ensure completeness and in compliance with Procurement Policy, including (1) PO amendment, (2) PO cancellation, (3) Manage, follow up and keep track of an open PO.
- Participate in invoice reconciliation process. Work closely with SSC Finance AP team to resolve any outstanding invoice reconciliation or mismatch.
- Provide consultative services to both internal and external partners, i.e. acting as the first point of contact for Source-to-Procure operation inquiries and/or project initiatives.
Partner Development & Team Building -
Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and
building effective teams:
- Develop good working relationships across PropertyGuru teams and the wider business enabling delivery of sustained business value consistent with the Group's strategic priorities.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to Budget Owner and Purchase Requestors, including (i) identifying ideas to capitalize on opportunities for efficiency and operation risks, (ii) anticipate and resolve potential conflicts and (iii) innovate to quickly deliver stable operations.
- Ensure engagement and training of procurement policy and governance are extended to all stakeholders to ensure Source-to-Procure process are meeting objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, finance or equivalent
- At least five years’ related work experience in supplier management, procurement, supply planning, finance operations, or ideally a combination of two or more of these areas
- More than three years in a managerial position in Procurement, Accounts Payable or P2P function is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership to suppliers and actively shape supplier’s overall strategy while understanding business goals
- Solid understanding of procurement processes (tendering, supplier negotiations and management) and sourcing of commercial materials and services
- Strong business acumen and experience in contract negotiation and administration including developing contract strategies, leading contract negotiations and setting up contracts with ongoing management in mind.
- Good knowledge of ASEAN regional sources of supply and suppliers. Experience in the business field related to high level of interactions with third parties contractors and vendors.
- Comfortable in both individual contributing roles and cross-functional team management roles, depending by the operation/project needs.
- Able to manage multiple projects/priorities, exercise sound judgement, well organised and able to work well under pressure.
- Able to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in a high-growth and challenging environment
- An Agile & transformational mindset with ability to lead & drive through continuous change(s) along with ability to influence and optimally communicate with senior management is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) resulting in relationship building and development
- Knowledge of ERP & Procurement systems (preferably NetSuite & Chromeriver) and technical change management governance is essential for understanding the system utilization and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Good business awareness and understanding of key interfaces and impact of Procurement initiatives on other departments such as Finance, Treasury, Audit etc. is considered essential.
- Demonstrated experience in working with technical and PropertyGuru business partners to internalize requirements, interpreting and applying processes to deliver value to stakeholders.
- Proven experience of strategizing, directing and ensuring cooperation in process change globally and organization-wide leading to efficiency and effectiveness gain
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative an learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.