Make A Real Difference at PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance, and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
PropertyGuru, Southeast Asia’s leading online property group, has embarked on a journey to fundamentally reshape how people in Southeast Asia finance their homes, launching PropertyGuru Finance in SG last year. The vision is to make home financing transparent and friction-free. As part of that vision, we aspire to become Singapore’s leading mortgage marketplace in the coming 3 years. We will pursue that aspiration through a buy-build strategy in which we will combine existing operations with targeted acquisitions, best-in-class partners, and in-house-built cutting-edge technology. We’re effectively driving a Fintech start-up within PropertyGuru Group.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support, and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
Reporting to the Head of SSC, contributes to PropertyGuru success by driving transformative change, improving the operation experience, and delivering Bill to Payment (B2P) strategy and process performance outcomes for FSSC. Act as a people manager to provide support and leadership to Bill to Payment (B2P) team, ensuring the B2P processes are complying to PropertyGuru policies and procedures, local statutory and SOX requirements, while driving continuous improvement/automation within FSSC. Maintain strong relationship-building, communication, and influencing skills and will work closely with cross-functional teams to successfully execute the B2P optimization strategy (process and technology).
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following FSSC accounting functions of Bill to Payment (B2P):
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
• Lead & own the planning and implementation of Bill to Payment centralized service delivery in accordance with PropertyGuru FSSC project strategies, including coordinating and supervise the following critical activities: fit gap analysis, testing, training, transition, readiness, migration, and support cut over and go-live.
• Lead & own phases of migration, i.e., work with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure a smooth handoff of process ownership to the permanent ownership within SSC PropertyGuru.
• Lead Bill to Payment (B2P) team in ensuring accounting processes is performed in accordance with process matrix and Statement of Authority (SoA).
• Initiate and own B2P related accounting policies, procedures and internal/SOX controls and and drive B2P team through required compliance.
• Initiate and own cross functional process and system improvement initiatives, e.g., Continuous Improvements, Technology Enhancement, Internal Control, Six Sigma, Scorecard etc
• Initiate and own strong internal controls framework (COSO) policies and processes by initiating change management to put in place all internal controls process as per Bill to Payment Model and ensuring compliance to SoX controls, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC) requirements, ISO accounting standards and Statutory Requirements.
• Lead communication and engagement with business teams to develops trust and inter-dept collaboration. Act as a trusted advisor amongst Operation teams, Legal, FP&A, Treasury, IT and Finance leadership to gather input and feedback concerning business needs and understands the technical needs required for successfully tackling business problems.
• Lead & own people management in FSSC by developing future Bill to Payment leaders and subject matter experts.
• Lead & own delivery of issues/helpdesk management in Bill to Payment operations.
• Lead & own implementation of B2P related company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
• Manage direct report of Vendor Invoicing Supervisor and Vendor Payment Supervisor.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
• Lead & own overall aspects of the relationship between local country (MY, SG, TH & ID) and FSSC including issue escalation and coordination for Vendor master maintenance, vouchering, disbursement, bill handling, employee expense reimbursement, automated expense report administration and B2P reporting functions.
• Lead & own operational and strategic goals for Bill to Payment processes.
• Initiate and own job description and performance goals for Bill to Payment team.
• Lead & own the success of Bill to Payment service performance scorecards so that service levels and operational targets are met as per SLA and achieve equal workload among Bill to Payment Specialists.
• Initiate and own disaster recovery plan/business contingency plan for Bill to Payment processes.
• Instil external and internal service culture and maintain high morale and team spirit.
• Build and grow Bill to Payment team to ensure that there is a strong continuous support for the current demand and cater for PropertyGuru future growth.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
• Manages & own risks in the dynamic environment that FSSC has by anticipating and/or recognizing internal and external factors that may impact business performance and by proactively initiate and facilitates discussions on a timely manner, with cross departments/functions and SSC customers, to manage issues and/or new changes required and follow up thereafter to close all action points assigned.
• Review and analyze current procedures in order to align, simplify, automate, and improve Bill to Payment activities and integrate/standardize into shared services model, i.e., focusing on alignment of end-to-end business process areas, system and tools for current & new business line.
• Fosters continuous improvement and innovation by challenging and empowering Vendor Billing and Vendor Payment units by giving them guidance and tools for developing automations and building insights for PG business.
• Leads regular team/inter-team calls to address operational topics, improvements and projects that require monitoring and resolution.
• Facilitate & lead discussion of business changes and collaborate with business stakeholders and technical teams to define and document overall project goals, system and process design, deliverables, and timeline
• Own the ongoing delivery of B2P strategic projects including progress tracking, issue identification, escalation, resolution support, status reporting and stakeholder communication
• Organize and conduct pre and post-launch activities including UAT, training, process documentation and system support
• Provides updates and recommendation to business leaders at all levels of PG organization on short- and long-term objectives and policies, B2P program effectiveness, team accomplishments, summary of findings, and explain internal and external impacts.
• Maintains strong internal controls by initiating change management to put in place all internal controls process as per B2P Core Model and ensuring compliance to SoX controls and local banking policies.
• Manages & own SoX and yearly control self-assessment and testing, set up action plan and implementation if any.
• Manages & own support audit activities where applicable, including external audit, internal audit and governmental inspections if any.
Staff Development & Team Building - Providing staff with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective Bill-to-Payment team:
• Provide leadership, mentorship and coaching to B2P Supervisors to drive Bill-to-Payment process and transformation management within FSSC.
• Monitors B2P team's progress against departmental goals. Owner of service performance scorecard according to SLAs and KPIs established.
• Develops a supportive and engaged team, coaching them for bringing up the strengths and skills that will set a successful group of highly motivated and strong performers
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or Professional Qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CPA).
• Minimum 8 years work experience in Finance Control Function or Purchase-to-Pay as operational or advisory role to strengthen and enhance existing AP & T&E controls and abilities to drive transformation and process changes to mitigate any surrounding risks within the function.
• Experience in team management and able to take impactful decisions under strong pressure.
• Any Big 4 experience would be a plus and is preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of developing, interpreting and implementing accounting policies and procedures in a growth environment. Strong knowledge of internal & SOX controls is a plus.
• Planning, Prioritization and Project Management skills are critical to success and highly preferred.
• Growth mentality, understand financial impact of decisions.
• Able to provide thought leadership within shared service environments.
• An Agile & transformational mindset with ability to lead & drive through continuous change(s) along with ability to influence and optimally communicate with senior management is required.
• Comfortable in both individual contributing roles and cross-functional team management roles, depending on what is required by the business at the time
• Strong multi-tasking skills and thrives in a high-growth and challenging environment
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with positive track records to manage, educate, develop, and consult with internal stakeholders and leaders.
• Knowledge of Asian tax regulation is a plus, especially for SEA markets.
• Knowledge of NetSuite accounting software system will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in automation and BI tools (ie Power BI and Tableu) would be an added advantage.
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative an learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.