Make A Real Difference at PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
PropertyGuru is Southeast Asia’s leading PropTech company, and the preferred destination for over 41 million property seekers to connect with more than 63,000 agents monthly to find their dream home. PropertyGuru empowers property seekers with more than 3.2 million real estate listings, in-depth insights, and solutions that enable them to make confident property decisions across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
PropertyGuru.com.sg was launched in Singapore in 2007 and since then PropertyGuru Group has made the property journey a transparent one for property seekers in Southeast Asia. In the last 15 years, PropertyGuru has grown into a high-growth PropTech company with a robust portfolio of leading property marketplaces across its core markets; award-winning mobile apps; mortgage marketplace, PropertyGuru Finance; and a host of enterprise solutions now under PropertyGuru For Business, including a high-quality developer sales enablement platform, FastKey, DataSense, ValueNet, Awards, events and publications across Asia.
- Provide broad legal support for business activities across Southeast Asia, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal documentation and advising and leading on day-to-day legal and corporate secretarial matters
- Provide assistance on transactional matters (including M&A), corporate governance initiatives and NYSE-listed company governance matters
- Support and champion the Group’s compliance with internal policies, external laws and statutory requirements
- Prepare, maintain and update precedent legal documentation
- Monitor ongoing legislation and regulatory changes applicable to PropertyGuru’s business and products
- Interpret and provide recommendations on regulations and policies affecting the business
- Identify legal framework improvements and align and promote conformity and consistency of approach in legal matters internally
- Coordinate with external counsel and corporate secretarial providers as required
- Lawyer based in Malaysia with 5 to 8 years’ PQ experience, trained in a reputable Malaysian, Singapore or international law firm.
- Regional Southeast Asia experience is required and Singapore legal experience is highly desirable.
- Exposure to and experience in a range of corporate and commercial matters, technology, data protection and regulatory issues would be very useful
- Prior in-house and regional legal experience is highly desirable
- Strong technical skills and sound understanding of corporate law
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and commercial awareness
- Hard-working, proactive and motivated individual who can manage multiple stakeholders and projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative an learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.