Make A Real Difference at PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance, and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
PropertyGuru, Southeast Asia’s leading online property group, has embarked on a journey to fundamentally reshape how people in Southeast Asia finance their homes, launching PropertyGuru Finance in SG last year. The vision is to make home financing transparent and friction-free. As part of that vision, we aspire to become Singapore’s leading mortgage marketplace in the coming 3 years. We will pursue that aspiration through a buy-build strategy in which we will combine existing operations with targeted acquisitions, best-in-class partners, and in-house-built cutting-edge technology. We’re effectively driving a Fintech start-up within PropertyGuru Group.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support, and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
Leading the DSS engineering team, you will be responsible for defining clear roadmaps to cutting-edge innovation, driving technical strategy, and building, and leveraging a team of exceptionally talented engineers to develop solutions.
- Be responsible for DSS technology roadmap and execution from concept to delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to major projects, build, and lead a 3-4 high-performance engineering teams.
- Together with your teams, architect, and design technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Work closely with other Engineering Leaders, Product Management, and business teams, and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- Inspire and encourage the teams while ensuring that team dynamics continue to be healthy, and that team cohesion is high.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself.
- Evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback.
- Set up best practices for development and overlook its adoption
- Over 8 years of software development experience, with at least 4 years in managerial/team leadership capacity.
- Hands-on technical experience with architecting and building large-scale, highly available production-level consumer applications.
- Strong decision-making skills, metric-driven operations, and ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Significant knowledge and experience with various development practices, programming languages, and technologies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with multiple levels of key stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment.
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative an learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.