Make A Real Difference at PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
PropertyGuru is Southeast Asia’s leading PropTech company, and the preferred destination for over 41 million property seekers to connect with more than 63,000 agents monthly to find their dream home. PropertyGuru empowers property seekers with more than 3.2 million real estate listings in depth insights, and solutions that enable them to make confident property decisions across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
PropertyGuru.com.sg was launched in Singapore in 2007 and since then PropertyGuru Group has made he property journey a transparent one for property seekers in Southeast Asia. In the last 15 years, PropertyGuru has grown into a high-growth PropTech company with a robust portfolio of leading property marketplaces across its core markets; award-winning mobile apps; mortgage marketplace, PropertyGuru Finance; and a host of enterprise solutions now under PropertyGuru For Business, including a high-quality developer sales enablement platform, FastKey, DataSense, ValueNet, Awards, events and publications across Asia.
PropertyGuru is committed to its vision of powering communities to live, work, and thrive in tomorrow’s cities. We will do this in Southeast Asia by giving home-seekers (consumer) access to next generation of real estate marketplaces, that are intelligent, relevant and where every interaction is underlined by trust. In Vietnam, our leading property marketplace, batdongsan.com.vn, has become a go-to destination for millions of home-seekers to find a place they call home. As the innovation engine of the company, our talented engineering team in Vietnam, residing in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city, strives best every day to help our home-seekers make their decisions with good insights, relevant property content, and a great product experience.
As the Head of Engineer, you’ll be tasked with leading this talented engineering team. Via your leadership, the team will be able to bring in engineering and product innovations that benefits our business and our customers. You are directly responsible for the strategic direction and key engineering initiatives of the Vietnam Engineering team; and you’ll use this responsibility to increase the team’s capabilities, both in terms of development speed and software quality. You’ll have Engineering Managers and QA Managers reporting to you; and it’s up to you on how to empower these capable individuals and support them to maximize their potentials. You are expected to drive an engineering culture that thrives on a changing world; a culture that brings collaboration and trust; that never stops learning, exploring, and innovating itself.
You’ll work with product and business leaders and have a strong influence in business and product roadmap. Your work will require you to partner closely with engineering platform, infrastructure and data teams. You’ll also work closely with engineering leaders across PG Group to collaborate on international projects and bring cultural influences beyond the Vietnam team.
This position will be reporting to Vietnam Director of Engineering.
- Lead a multi-locations engineering team with the size of ~50 engineers in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Develop and implement engineering strategic initiatives.
- Influence on the engineering technology stack; mindful on the latest technology trends and find opportunities in these to improve team’s performance.
- Drive engineering excellence culture, encourage engineering best practices, foster innovation.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders to deliver world-class products based on the product strategy.
- Hire and retain the best talent; and empower them to make their own decisions.
- Have been performed as Head of Engineering (Software), Director of Engineering (Software) or equivalent in a product/tech-lead company with the engineering size of 40 or above.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Software Engineering or MBA from premier institutes preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English, spoken and written - Communicates effectively in all situations and creates an environment of open and effective communication.
- Strong decision-making skills, metric-driven operations, and the ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on technical experience with architecting and building large scale, highly available production level consumer applications.
- Significant knowledge and experience with various development practices, programming languages, technologies.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of the organization with key stakeholders.
- Understand modern product development methodologies, preferrable if have experience working on marketplace products.
- Possess a customer-first mindset and a thirst to deliver world-class products to our end users.
- Have strong experiences in building high-performance engineering team.
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative an learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.