Make A Real Difference at PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance, and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
PropertyGuru, Southeast Asia’s leading online property group, has embarked on a journey to fundamentally reshape how people in Southeast Asia finance their homes, launching PropertyGuru Finance in SG last year. The vision is to make home financing transparent and friction-free. As part of that vision, we aspire to become Singapore’s leading mortgage marketplace in the coming 3 years. We will pursue that aspiration through a buy-build strategy in which we will combine existing operations with targeted acquisitions, best-in-class partners, and in-house-built cutting-edge technology. We’re effectively driving a Fintech start-up within PropertyGuru Group.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support, and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
As a Senior Lead Engineer, you will possess deep technical skills and industry knowledge, as well as an understanding of the technical landscape. You will create proven systems and replicate those systems and approaches across the team so that others can learn from and adopt them. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of systems adhering to thez architecture and will work with engineering teams across the region.
In collaboration with other technical leaders across the PropertyGuru, you will lead the development of the technical vision for our emerging regional systems and products Combining your extensive technical experience with your business savvy, you will guide engineering teams in the Asia region through all aspects of software delivery.
While the focus of this role is on architecture, systems design, and leadership, you will remain hands on and work with teams to develop software solutions using agile software development practices as required. By championing our technical practices, you will ensure high-quality results for our business. You will share responsibility for the provisioning, deployment, and operational support of the software your team builds
The aim is to contribute positively to the culture of the team, build engagement and morale, and participate in recruiting, setting structure and processes, and generally helping to keep the team(s) performing at a high level. As a mentor, you will use your skills and experience to help more junior team members.
- Significant contributor to Architecture team and leads major strategic technical initiatives across teams.
- Responsible for performing prototyping as a primary tool for rigorous design exploration.
- Contribute to the continuous efforts to modernize legacy technology stacks
- Often takes the lead to communicate technical topics to technical & non-technical directors and business leaders.
- Embedding Property Guru’s technology practices into the team and ensure our technology and architecture decisioning is aligned with our overall goals.
- Leads efforts to improve documentation & code skills sharing across teams.
- Makes the organization more effective through smart & pragmatic application of non-cutting-edge but useful code tools & patterns.
- Proactively involved in and often leads strategic organizational decisions and plans.
- Takes ownership & responsibility for organizational practices & processes and their continuous improvement.
- Represents role model strategic engineering values and expertise.
- Habitually seeks out opportunities to share pragmatic experience and expert knowledge with teammates and external engineers via Tech Talks, local user groups and conference speaking engagements.
- Actively representing the Property Guru’s architecture team in public forums such as conferences, community groups and our technical blog.
- Consistently works at a strategic level, influencing technical & non-technical decisions to achieve cross-team alignment on major near-term goals.
- Ideally, you have 10+ years of experience and at least 4 years in a Staff Engineer or Lead Engineer role
- Solution design/architecture experience in a Tech Lead role
- Skilled in designing of high-performance dynamic web-based products and services, that scale to millions of users
- Solid understanding of RESTful API and JSON; experience with GraphQL is a bonus
- Advance skills in modern software architecture patterns such as, test driven development, micro-services architecture.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Knowledge in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Advanced with Cloud Computing services (AWS) and associated technologies
- Knowledge in Symfony framework is a bonus
- Worked in Agile or Scrum based environment before
- Always open to learning new development methods, technologies and programming languages
- Experience with development tools such as Git, Jira, Trello etc.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, strong communications skills, problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for technology, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative an learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
For a full listing of our jobs, visit https://careers.propertygurugroup.com