Make A Real Difference at PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance, and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
PropertyGuru, Southeast Asia’s leading online property group, has embarked on a journey to fundamentally reshape how people in Southeast Asia finance their homes, launching PropertyGuru Finance in SG last year. The vision is to make home financing transparent and friction-free. As part of that vision, we aspire to become Singapore’s leading mortgage marketplace in the coming 3 years. We will pursue that aspiration through a buy-build strategy in which we will combine existing operations with targeted acquisitions, best-in-class partners, and in-house-built cutting-edge technology. We’re effectively driving a Fintech start-up within PropertyGuru Group.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support, and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
You have a passion for the craft and a strong desire to grow as a professional. You strike the right balance between being a technology purist and getting things done. You know that making things right is hard and requires a high level of discipline and dedication.
You have a strong feeling of good software design and architecture yet prefer to express your knowledge through the code.
You have understood that the software lifecycle doesn’t end with committing the code into the repository, and knowledge of how it is running in production is as important as code itself, hence you are keeping your infrastructure knowledge and skills up-to-date. You have a preferred programming language, but in practice, it doesn’t make a difference to you what to use.
What will you do
- Build and Own the Infrastructure of PropertyGuru VN’s application platform.
- Work with on-prems infrastructure and prepare for a migration to Cloud.
- Automate the operation tasks for our infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
- Write infrastructure as code with good designs and security in mind.
- Analyze and innovate to improve our systems' efficiency, scalability, security and reliability.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Create “just enough documentation” to support collaboration and solution decision-making.
- Transfer the DevOps culture and practices to feature teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or System Engineer (or similar roles).
- Strong coding skill is a must, preferably with Python (or Ruby) and shell scripts.
- Love automating mundane tasks and making developers' life easy. Familiar with concepts of infrastructure as code, GitOps, SRE practices.
- Experience in running Kubernetes and CNCF solutions in production. Having knowledge about Docker Swarm clusters is an advantage.
- Non-trivial production experience with configuration management tools such as Saltstack.
- Agile software development best practices - CI/CD, releases, branches, etc
- Have knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows administration, and an understanding of network fundamentals.
- Have a strong security mindset when building and automating infrastructure.
- Good communication in English is an advantage.
- Knowledge of security and governance tools for Kubernetes is an advantage.
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative an learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.